Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lincoln in Aarhus!

So, I was crazy and was able to make the trek to Denmark with Lincoln in tow! She is small enough that she flew in cabin with me the whole time, in a little black soft kennel bag. I was so pleased when I got back to the US that she remembered who I was. I have missed her so much the last 5 months...I just really wanted her to be with me.

It was a tough day - I did give her a tranquilizer which helped a lot...but we made it in one piece. She is adjusting. You can tell she realizes something is different, though. She loves Rachel, which is great, also. Now she has two moms!

When I travel, I have Danish friends that are willing to watch her (Kristian and Birgitte watched her while Rachel and I were skiing). All in all, I think it was a good decision for me!

I had to include this picture. Her hair looks awful because mom 'accidentally' got crazy with the scissors. she looks like she has a flat top. But Kev took this picture because he said she was out in the snow in mom's backyard, and would com in and stand over the vent for a long time until she warmed up and dried off! Smart girl.

Lincoln and her best friend Sadie. I do feel sad that they aren't together anymore.

Lincoln on my bed in Aarhus.

Lincoln made herself right at home on Rachel's butt the first day she met her.

Lincoln loves Rachel's blanket, and makes a cave out of it!

No comments: