Saturday, January 16, 2010

Anny, Lindsay and Brian Visit!

My first friends from the US came to visit! I was so pumped when Anny, Lindsay and Brian booked a ticket to Denmark....JUST TO SEE ME! It was a jam-packed week...I tried to give them a true Danish experience. I organized a day trip in a car to the northermost point of Jutland, the peninsula I live on, in order to visit Skagen (where the two seas meet). It was the second week of December, so it was a little chilly out - but I believe the received a completely unique experience because of all of the Danish Christmas traditions they experienced!

It was a great time....and having them here with my new friends made me realize I do act differently with my friends from the US. I love my friends here, but there is more of a sense of ease, if you will, with my American friends. Communication is easier, knowing the culture comfortably is a breath of fresh air....it was interesting to see my two worlds collide!

Lindsay and I in front of the palace in Copenhagen

Nanna at her parents house - we came for a Christmas open house


Kenny...enough said

Anny and Brian at Vores Sted, a cafe I go to

Shopping through the city center in Aarhus
A work Christmas thing - we just finished dancing around the Christmas tree, which is a traditional Danish thing to do. My coworkers (left to right): Me, Lindsay, Susanne, Jane, Nina, Bane, Brian and Anny



I was able to borrow Mathias' car for our road trip

Lindsay and I in the FREEZING water in Skagen where the seas meet

The CO2 climate summit in Copenhagen




Tivoli in Copenhagen

The Little Mermaid statue

No comments: