Sunday, July 10, 2011

Royal Wedding

Most everyone knows that from the time I was little, I have had a huge crush on Prince William. Not only did I think he was cute, but there was something about the fairy tale surrounding royalty that was so exciting. I read any magazine I could get my hands on with stories of him, and even had a calendar on my wall. I do have to say that I think Harry is more attractive now, but eh, a prince is a prince.

When Will and Kate announced their engagement, I immediately wrote it in my planner. You can fly cheaply between Aarhus and London, so I was going to do anything I could to be there on that day, just to experience it. I ended up going there alone, which was a bit sad at first, but in the end, was okay as well.

It was wonderful to physically be there, and take part in that day. There was such a feeling of excitement and pride amongst all of the crowd - this is one of those moments that I will always remember where I was on that day. I stood in front of the media center, in front of Westminster Abbey, and had pretty good views at most points; I befriended a British couple who kind of helped me out and guided me. It was nice to make friends when you stand shoulder-to-shoulder in a crowd for hours - I think I was standing for 6 or 7 hours!

I think the pictures speak for themselves, and give you a glimpse of what it was like that day.

I approve of Kate, so if it couldn't be me, then she is the next best thing ;)



The Queen entering the Abbey

Prince Charles and Camilla

The wedding carriage

Bridesmaids

Buckingham Palace balcony

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie





People had been camped out for days and were exhausted


We could watch the wedding on this tv monitor from the media stage



The helicopter was following the procession


Wedding guests arriving


TLC broadcast





No comments: