Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trip to Turkey

I traveled to Side, Turkey, with one of my good friends from soccer - Chanett. Side is on the Western coast of Turkey, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, and is in between two big resort towns: Antalya and Alanya.

This was one of those last minute charter trips that we booked, and it included hotel and airfare for 7 days for less than $300!! Could not beat that - so I chose a beach vacation with a tiny bit of culture before I started my new job.

Turkey was, an experience. I have to admit, the more east I go in the world, the more uncomfortable I seem to get. Side was a completely touristy city, and I felt safe for the most part, but there is something about the men who just sort of stare at you and make comments, either in English or another language - and you know they are inappropriate comments - that makes you feel a bit uncomfortable. Plus, I get weird about food the more East I go, as well - but I am picky by nature!

All-in-all, it was a great experience and I got a great tan - but I am not sure that I would go back anytime soon.

The curbs were soooo high - like, 8 inches

Spice Market

Fruit market

Gorgeous sunset by ruins

Temple ruins

On a local bus
A car, a motorcycle, a camel and a donkey

Mosque


The main entrance to a market


Old flooring



An old coliseum


Road to the beach

Chillin in the shade




Underwater city



Supermarket

Spices

Turkish Delight

Spices


Toilet planters




No comments: