Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vi Rocker Concert!

I went to a music festival with some of my Danish friends. Music festivals are a HUGE thing in the summer for Danes. They all volunteer to work (set up, sell concessions, etc), in exchange for free entrance and time off to enjoy the music. Our concert was only one day, but many of the festivals are 3-4 days long.

Anyway, I have a favorite Danish band called Infernal (they sing in English). Their songs are really catchy, and Vi Rocker was my first opportunity to hear them live. I am teased when I tell Danes that I like them, because apparentely only young people or older people like them. And to be honest, when I saw their performance - while great, it seemed like it was stuck in the 80s. Needless to say, it was a great time though!

Maybe a few too many drinks? And note the use of a plastic cup as his pillow

Danish kids enjoying a concert

Thomas, Susanne, me and Jane





I love this picture!

Infernal - the key on the electric keyboard as well as a woman you will see later...


Susanne and I

Infernal

On our way to the concert

My job was to bring a 'Dizzy Mizz Lizzy' drink, named after the closing Danish band that day; it was brunch, so I brought mimosas. They had never heard of mimosas!

Brunch at Thomas' apartment

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I love this post! My kind of outing and the pictures were awesome!