Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BPM Preparty!

I mentioned this earlier. A girl from my program inivited everyone over to her apartment for some drinks before heading to Klubben. This was definitely necessary for me to get to know them better, and Christina was nice enough to invite Rachel. Rachel isn't in my program, but Christina said she could come so she would have the opportunity to meet more Danes also.

Rachel and I were the hit of the party! Its so funny the random questions we get asked. The one that sticks in my head from that evening is "What is the deal with the cookie dough?" This was refering to why American's by pre-packaged cookie dough, and eat it raw! Its amazing the different opinions and viewpoints they have of us.

And by Danish and European terms, Christina's apartment is amazing! It has a kitchen, a bath and 3 rooms! That is HUGE!!!! When renting, 3 rooms doesn't really mean you get a bedroom, a living room and an office. It is normally priced for 3 people - 3 bedrooms--so you would have a tv/futon in your own bedroom also. Her 3 room apartment probably costs around 7-8000 kroner, which is more than $1000 USD a month!


Left to right: Anne Mette, Christina (her apartment), and Peter.
Anne Mette, Johan and Christina

Don't remember the girl on the left, Henrik, Andre, and the blond head is Jacob.

Rachel and Gitte...look how cute her smile is! She is ALWAYS smiling!

I tried cider-beer for the first time. They have a couple different brands, and girls and guys drink it as often as beer. They have many different flavors (apple, strawberry, mixed berry, etc), and it surprisingly has the same alcohol content as beer. It is actually very tasty, but so sweet, you could probably only have one or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jacob looks cute!!! :)

Suzy said...

I like cider beer. I have abig bottle in my fridge right now - can't remember the flavor. Stacey introduced me to it! Miss you and love you - "Godmother" Suzy