Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Intro Week Revisited

Intro week took place the second week I was in Denmark; there were activities and meetings for me all week, geard towards Masters students as well as international students. It was a GREAT way to meet people...I met Rachel the first day there. We sat a row away from each other and I heard her talking to a girl - during a break, I asked her where she was from because I knew her English had to be from America.

At any rate, here are some pics from that week to update you.


This was a picture from bowling. For those of you who don't know, I typically HATE bowling. This ended up being a really fun night. We were served dinner at the bowling alley, which was steak and french fries. It was actually really good! This was the day I met Rachel (on the right, from Minnesota) and the night we met Maggie (on the left, from Canada).


This was at a pub off the main strøget (street) in the city center. This place is called the Golden Lion, and most like a pub back home. However, everyone drinks beer in Denmark. A long island iced tea was ordered (much stronger than back home though), and it cost 150 kroner...which is $30 USD for a mixed drink! From left to right: Kenneth Knudsen (Denmark), Bjarne Knielsen (Denmark), Maggie Schulman (Canada), Me, Carlos (Mexico), and Rachel Lewis (Minnesota).


My friend Kenneth and I.....


This was another night out during Intro week; we met these guys from Holland and hung out with them. They can be pretty crazy, but fun! Left to right: Me, Vincent (Holland), Sjbren (Holland), Rachel.
This picture is at Social Club on the dance floor. We were told this club is mainly for international students, although some of our closest Danish girlfriends (who don't go to school with us) go here all the time. One side has European music, the other side, American music. Its always a good time, typically. This picture was taken before the fog...and I mean, serious fog shows up while we dance! Left to right: John (Holland), Rachel, Me, Vincent, Mihai (Romania), and the Holland boys' friend from school - can't remember her name.

No comments: