Sunday, October 12, 2008

Soccer Party

Yesterday was our last outdoor soccer game of the season. We won 2 - 0, so it was a nice way to end things. I did not have the best game, but am happy with my success of the season - I had one assist, one goal, and won player of the match twice. I definitely think I have contributed to the team. One of the coaches last night told me I was one of the top 5 players on the team...so that is great!

We had a party after the game to celebrate the season. This was the most they had won in any season so far. Anyway, the party took place at one of the coaches (Mathias) parent's apartment. It is in the city center (good area) and was a HUGE open loft...very nice apartment. They had one long table all set up for us to eat at. There was bread, salad, lasagna, drinks. The highlight they were most excited about were jello-shots. One girl had a package of jell-o from America from months before and used it for the shots. She asked me to bring her some jell-o next time I go home. So funny, considering, I hate Jell-O. There is something about the consistency in my mouth that makes me gag....gross!

Anyway, there was a big screen set up at the end of the table to watch the National Team game (Denmark vs. Malta). Denmark won 3-0, and they were very excited because it was a world cup (which they call World Championship) qualifying match. After, one of the girls had created a sort of trivia game - and I was actually one of the questions! The question was: Where in America is Liz from? A few knew the state, no one knew the city. When they think of America, they think East Coast, West Coast...they definitely leave out the good old Midwest!

At any rate, it was a good night. Good food and drinks, fun atmosphere. There is just something about being a part of a team that is always fun.

No comments: