Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Copenhagen

This blog is definitely out of place, but not forgotten! I went to Copenhagen on the first Saturday I was in Denmark. Granny was flying out on Monday, and she wanted to venture around a bit there. I will be honest, I was not the best travel companion because I was so nervous about my new life - my stomach was in knots and I couldn't eat. Granny was my saviour in more ways than one...and I am so happy we went to Copenhagen together.

Though it rained steadily and heavily the first day, the second day was much nicer and we were able to see more of the city. I tell you - that young, 80-year old pushed herself to the max...and I love her for that. She was a trooper. Thanks Granny!


This is one of the four palaces - all caddy corner to each other, opening to a sort of round-about in the street. Notice the red guards...we got yelled at for stopping and taking a picture!

I honestly don't remember what this was....oops! A church, possibly?! Not the one we went to mass in, however.
The famous Little Mermaid...Granny and I walked around the water in the dark the first night trying to find her but couldn't. We jumped on a tour bus the next day and got to see her. This is based off of the story by Hans Christian Andersen.


The harbor.

Cute, quaint streets surrounding the water.

No comments: