Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Klubben

Next up are pictures taken at Klubben. Klubben is the student club in the basement of the business school. If you are a member of Studenterlauget (the student union), you get into Klubben for free. Only ASB students can attend; it is open all day - students go down and study, play games (Danes play a lot of board games!), eat, drink, etc. Thursday night is the club night - and after about 8p it starts to get packed. There is literally no ventilation, and there are so many bodies packed into Klubben that the walls literally drip sweat. I can say, Klubben is fun when you are a) in the mood and b) with a good, big group of people. But it is definitely not a place I will frequent too often!
Can't remember the girls name on the left, but she was one of two students in charge of the international students intro week. The guy in the middle is Landry (pronounced Laundry) and is from France. His accent is soooo thick, it is hard to understand what he is saying. But, for all you Nebraskans with connections, he made mention that he wants to move to the US for a summer and work on a farm, preferably with animals. I told him I could try to help him out with a connection if he was serious! To the right is Maggie.

Kenneth and I at Klubben.


These are students in my study program (MSc in Business Performance Management - we are called BPM). Left is Jacob, Christina, Andre and Peter is below. I will say, the kids in my group were a bit intimidating at first. I was the only international student - they are all Danes - and they would easily slip into speaking Danish. Christina had a preparty at her house one night and Rachel and I actually went together...it was awesome! We had so much fun. I am definitely much more comfortable with them now.
I don't really know the guy in the middle, but the girl on the right is Line Madsen. I play soccer with her, and she is the one I am closest to on the team. We are actually becoming pretty good friends...sometimes girls can be a bit clique (no way!), even at soccer practice. I always liked the fact that Line wasn't that way. We also bonded over the fact that we are the only two that wear Copa Mundial soccer shoes, which are by far the best in my opinion!! Practice is funny because I am always decked out in my Nike gear, and they are all decked out in Hummel - a Danish brand, and is the largest by far over here. Anyway, Line and I have gotten to know each other, and it is very refreshing that I found someone with the same smart ass, sarcastic sense of humor as myself! She is by far the funniest Dane I have met so far, and we communicate pretty well...throwing jokes back and forth with each other. We also are very in sync together on the soccer field. She has the most experience, and was actually close to making the Danish National team before she had an injury and blew out her ankle.

No comments: